Team aRena.Css Team aRena.Css
weLcome ² aRena.css Forum
Team aRena.Css
FAQFAQ  RechercherRechercher  S’enregistrerS’enregistrer  ProfilProfil  MembresMembres  GroupesGroupes  Se connecter pour vérifier ses messages privésSe connecter pour vérifier ses messages privés  ConnexionConnexion 

The Place I Call Home

Répondre au sujet    Team aRena.Css Index du Forum -> Présentation membres -> Présentation
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
latyntrys
Expert
Expert

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Mar 4 Juil - 09:53 (2017)    Sujet du message: The Place I Call Home Répondre en citant

The Place I Call Home
by Anna Lo
rating: ( reviews)

->->->->DOWNLOAD BOOK The Place I Call Home
READ BOOK The Place I Call Home

<em>&#x2018;My mother would have been very proud of me if had I been a secretary in the Northern Ireland Assembly, working in the majestic Parliament Buildings at Stormont; she would have been ecstatic to see me elected as the first ever China-born legislator in Europe.&#x2019;</em>

Anna Lo was born in Hong Kong in 1950. When she arrived in Belfast in 1974 she initially worked on Chinese language programmes for the BBC before starting the first evening class for Chinese immigrants living in Northern Ireland in 1978. A qualified social worker, she worked for the Chinese Welfare Association in Belfast and was later the first vice-chair of the Northern Ireland Council for Ethnic Minorities. She was made an MBE in 1999 for work with the Chinese immigrant community and entered local politics in 2007, standing for the Alliance party in the assembly elections. She was elected to the Stormont parliament and re-elected in the South Belfast constituency four years later, when she topped the poll.

In her memoir, she writes for the first time about her extraordinary journey &#x2013; how it was to arrive in Belfast at the height of the Troubles; her work with the Chinese community from the early 1980s and the difficulties its members faced, including access to health, housing and other public services, as well as racist harassment; her time as a social worker; her children&#x2019;s experiences of life in Northern Ireland; her extraordinary political career, including the racial harassment she experienced; and her life away from the spotlight.

Details:
price: $6.99
bound: 192 pages
publisher: Blackstaff Press (March 3, 2017)
lang: English
asin: B06XCZYX9G
isbn:
weight:
filesize: 4020 KB

The Place I Call Home Anna Lo
The Place I Call Home book SkyDrive The Place I Call Home free macbook read

48a4f088c3

Marvel Masterworks: Doctor Strange Vol. 8The Naturalist: Theodore Roosevelt, A Lifetime of Exploration, and the Triumph of American Natural HistoryYou Never Forget Your First Ride Grippin' &amp; Rippin' Since 1917: Born In 1917, Happy Birthday Journal Notebook, Journals To Write In Lined Pages, 108 Pages, 6 x 9, (Birthday Keepsake Book)The Honourable Roger North, 1651&ndash;1734: On Life, Morality, Law and TraditionHistory and Genealogy of the Watson Family, descendants of Matthew Watson, who came to America in 1718 Julia Draper Watson BemisYour Notebook! Interstellar (Volume 1)Die kleine Wildkr&auml;uter-Apotheke: &Uuml;ber 50 neue und bew&auml;hrte Rezepte f&uuml;r Ihre Gesundheit (German Edition)Crocheting &amp; Needlepoint: 1-2-3 Quick Beginner's Guide to Crocheting! &amp; 1-2-3 Quick Beginners Guide to Needlepoint!From Homeless To Here: How I Made It From The BottomStar+Wars+Darth+Vader+-+Vader+Down+%28German+Edition%29
Auteur Message
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Mar 4 Juil - 09:53 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Répondre au sujet    Team aRena.Css Index du Forum -> Présentation membres -> Présentation Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 1 Heure
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  
Index | Panneau d’administration | Creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation